Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Halloween Centers resource is filled with reading, math, and writing activities that would be great for any Pre-K, Kindergarten, or 1st grade classroom. These activities meet many common core standards and can be used in math and literacy centers. This packet has a variety of 13 printable games, worksheets, and activities. Check out the preview to see some of what's included.
1. Halloween Beginning Sounds- students will match the picture card to the correct beginning sound
2. Halloween Scrambled Sentences – students will put word cards in order to complete simple sentences about Halloween. (5 sentences)
3. Halloween Costume emergent reader- I have created a 2 versions of this book where students can either read the book as is, or differentiate the book by having students fill in the missing Halloween costume.
4. Halloween CVC Games (2 games) - Students will read the CVC word and match it to the picture. Students can also look at the picture on the cards and build a CVC word with letter tiles or write the word with wipe-off markers.
5. Halloween ABC Order - students will put the Halloween pictures/words in ABC order and record their answers.
6. Halloween Alphabet Matching - students will match uppercase and lowercase letters (could be a file folder game or memory)
7. Spin-a-Spider - (3 games) students spin a number/color/shape and then color or cover up that number/color/shape depending on the game
8. Spider 1-1 Correspondence (2 games)– students will practice 1-1 correspondence by counting out plastic spiders to match the # on the spider web. The other game has students counting the number of spiders and then clip a clothespin on the correct number.
9. Halloween RTI Math- included are worksheets to practice the biggest #, missing #, and # recognition 1-100
10. Pumpkin 10 Frames – students can count the jack-o-lanterns on the ten frame and then find the pumpkin with the correct number on it
11. Halloween Math Games– this game works on counting 1-20. It has flashcards, a game board, and “special cards” to allow for multiply ways of play.
12. Halloween Roll & Color (3 games)- students will roll 1 or 2 dice (depending on the game), count the number of dots, then color that number on their worksheet
13. Halloween War - student will flip over a card and whoever has the biggest number gets to keep the cards
Feedback is always appreciated!! Don't forget to click "follow me" at the top of this page and then become a Facebook follower so you can get the latest information on freebies, giveaways, classroom ideas, etc.
Other theme packets available: