Here is a fun lesson for Halloween week using articles from the History channel. It is fully tech ready. I thought this activity would be a great intro to research and synthesizing. I hope you enjoy it!
This lesson includes the following:
* A detailed lesson plan for a two-day mini research project for a 50-minute classroom with optional Extensions to use in a
90 minute block.
* A 10 minute teacher led mini lesson modeled after Writer’s Workshop
* A scaffolded lesson for before, during, and after the research
* A writing assessment connected to the story and aligned to the Common Core ELA
* An exit ticket wrapping up information from the lesson and research
I hope you find this to be a useful resource for your middle school ELA classroom!