This scavenger hunt asks students to determine the correct definition of words with multiple meanings..
1. Print the Halloween Multiple Meaning Words Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock then cut them apart.
2. Make copies of the Halloween Multiple Meaning Words Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Halloween Multiple Meaning Words Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
Table of Contents
• 20 cards with multiple meaning words used in context
• student answer sheet with multiple choice options
• 3 additional practice pages
• Answer keys
You May Also Like
Halloween Scavenger Hunt with bonus riddles match-up activity
Halloween Math Review Scavenger Hunt
Halloween Parts of Speech Scavenger Hunt
Halloween Fact and Opinion Scavenger Hunt with Teaching Posters
Halloween Missing Addends Scavenger Hunt
And more holiday scavenger hunts:
Holiday Scavenger Hunts
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥