This PPT edition BUNDLE is a COLLECTION of 5 fun Halloween songs, games, art music listening lessons, and so much more. These lessons are sold separately in my TpT store but if bought in this BUNDLE, you will save $3 rather than buying them individually.
1. What Will I Be On Halloween - Presenting "Do" - (PPT Edition) - 12 pages.
This adorable song in POWER-POINT format is appropriate for students in grades K-2. It is perfect for the fun Halloween season while keeping you and your students on track with your Kodaly based curriculum. Activities included in this lesson are as follows:
1. A lyrics slide.
2. A cute heartbeat icon tapping chart.
3. A rhythm icon tapping chart.
4. A rhythm notation activity using real rhythm notation over picture heartbeat icons.
5. Reading beginning melodic song notation with notation being picture icons.
6. Same as #5 but with known Solfege tones (mi, sol, and la) labeled on top of melodic notation. Mystery tone "do" is kept secret/covered with a star over the picture icon.
7. Reading the song melodic notation on the staff with notation being picture icons. "Do" is still kept a mystery, however, stars covering notation are interactive and disappear when tapped/clicked with mouse to reveal where the new tone is on the staff.
8. Same as #7 but real rhythm notation is used. "Do" is still kept a mystery, however, stars covering notation are interactive and disappear when tapped/clicked with mouse to reveal where the new tone is on the staff.
9. Melody Street slide - New Mystery Tone "do" is finally revealed.
10. Game Directions are included - a fun charades like game accompanies this adorable song.
This is sure to be a favorite for you and your students!!
2. Let's Hide The Pumpkin - A Duration of Sound, Mi-So-La Song (PPT Edition) - 10 pages
This POWER-POINT lesson is appropriate for elementary music students in grades Kinder. - 2nd grade. In this fun adorable fall themed lesson, students will explore keeping a steady beat, identifying/understanding duration of sound (in preparation for rhythms ta and ti-ti), and labeling Solfege pitches Mi-So-La. Cute graphics and game directions are included in this lesson.
3. Pass The Pumpkin - A Fun Halloween Rhyme & Game (PPT Edition)
This POWER-POINT lesson is appropriate for elementary music students in grades Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades. Students will be required to keep a steady beat, rhythmically dictate the notation to the rhyme, as well as perform the steady beat in a circle passing game. Game directions and helpful teacher hints are included in this file.
4. Danse Macabre - A Mysterious Spooky Tale Told Through Music (PPT Edition) - 9 pages
This POWER-POINT lesson is appropriate for elementary music students in grades 4th - 8th grade. This lesson takes students on a mysterious, musical journey into the twisted, genius mind of French composer Camille Saint-Saens. Students will identify musical themes portrayed by specific characters, emotions, ideas, etc. Students will also be able to identify and label (by sight and sound) various instruments of the orchestra that occur in the tale and the themes they represent. A listening map is included as well as several bonus video clips that are attached as lesson enhancers. All video clips are public domain, courtesy of You Tube. The teacher will need to furnish their own recording of the music to go along with the listening map.
5. In The Hall Of The Mountain King - Peer Gynt's Adventure (PPT Ed). - 7 pages.
This PPT music appreciation lesson, appropriate for grades 3-5, features the classic adventurous story of Peer Gynt and the Troll Mountain King. Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg brings Henrik Ibsen's original play Peer Gynt to life with his musical talents. Children of all ages love to hear this tale and now you can help tell the tale with this wonderful, colorful visual! This PPT file includes a listening map, an instrument play-a-long, a story synopsis, and much more. This lesson is also linked to the fantastic website "Classics For Kids."
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License