PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This scavenger hunt provides practice with parts of speech in a fun Halloween setting. The first scavenger hunt asks students to locate only nouns, verbs, and adjectives. The second scavenger hunt reviews common and proper nouns, plural nouns, possessive nouns, verbs, helping verbs, verb tenses, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections. Colorful posters for the 8 parts of speech are included.
Directions for Use
1. Print the Halloween Parts of Speech Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock or brightly-colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Halloween Parts of Speech Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Halloween Parts of Speech Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
Table of Contents
• 20 scavenger hunt cards in color and b/w
• choice of student questions for differentiation or additional use
• additional practice page
• 8 colorful Parts of Speech posters for classroom display
• answer keys
More About the Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like
And more holiday scavenger hunts:
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥