Every party needs a hero sometimes. This download will put a whole bunch of tricks up your sleeve! LOTS of worksheet activities for individual students, an original story, bingo dauber craftivities, Q-Tip dauber craftivities, playdough mats, games for whole group or small group, movement cards for whole group or small group, and Halloween action songs great to do as a whole class. Yes, I could go on and on about this download. It's truly something to howl about! Here's why:
1) Roll a Monster and Trace+Color: 5 activity pages in this set. Half of the page is a dice rolling activity that requires one standard die. Your student will roll the die, then use the key to determine what adjective should be used to draw the face on the monster. The other half of the page is a trace and color activity. Students trace the Halloween themed pictures and then color them.
2) Mazes and Symmetry: 7 activity pages in this set. Half of the page is a Halloween themed maze. The other half of the page is a symmetry drawing activity. There is half of a Halloween themed character. Your students will use symmetry to complete the other half of the drawing.
3) Color By Number: 6 activity pages included in this set. Students will color the Halloween themed coloring pages by using the color by number key.
4) Coloring Pages: 10 coloring pages included in this set. Halloween themed coloring pages for your students to complete. No color key. They can just have fun free coloring however they choose.
5) Original Jack-o-Lantern story: A 10 page original story that I wrote. The story is about a jack-o-lantern's different moods and the reason for his feelings. I illustrated the story with high quality clip art to make it extra colorful.
6) Bingo Dabber Story Craftivity: 5 craftivity pages included. This is an ADORABLE (dare I say Pinterest worthy) craftivity. This craftivity goes with the Jack-o-Lantern story. There are 5 Jack-o-Lantern faces (just like in the story) to bingo dab. The border of each craftivity page is a black and white buffalo check plaid. Sooo CUTE! (Pinteresty Tip: Print on card stock. Have kids complete the craftivity. Then hole punch twice with holes about 2 inches apart. Thread the holes with a fancy ribbon and tie a bow. Instant A+ bulletin board!)
7) Halloween Bingo Dab Craftivity: 4 craftivity sheets included. (pumpkin, ghost, candy corn, and cauldron). The border of each craftivity page is a black and white buffalo check plaid. Sooo CUTE! (Pinteresty Tip: Print on card stock. Have kids complete the craftivity. Then hole punch twice with holes about 2 inches apart. Thread the holes with a fancy ribbon and tie a bow. Instant A+ bulletin board!)
8) Q-Tip Dab Craftivity: 6 craftivities included. (jack-o-lantern, bat, witches hat, "boo," ghost, and candy corn.) Each image is a half sheet of paper. This is SO much fun and completely ADORABLE!
9) Halloween Playdough Mats: 5 activity mats + 10 Halloween word mats. The activity mats will require one standard die. Students roll the die, then use the key to determine which facial feature they should build with their playdough and add to the monster on the mat. There are 5 different monsters mats included. Also included are 10 Halloween word strips. Students will build the letters for the words with their playdough. (A tricky way to sneak in some letter formation practice - but such a TREAT!)
10) Halloween BINGO: 30 original BINGO cards and 30 calling cards included. Yes, there are other BINGO boards out there. But... the clip art on this one is to die for! (And BINGO is sort of a party must have!)
11) Oh SNAP Halloween Reading Game: This game is so much fun and works great for small group or whole group. It's simple. There are 35 Halloween vocabulary cards and 9 "Oh SNAP" cards. (The vocabulary cards each have pictures on them to assist emergent readers). Put the cards in a paper bag and shake them up. Have a student pick a card and read the word. If they read the word correctly they keep the card and the next student will take a turn. If they read the card wrong then that student must give all the cards they collected back to the teacher. If they pull an "Oh SNAP" card, they must also give all their cards back to the teacher. The student with the most cards collected at the end of game time wins.
12) Halloween Movement Cards: 24 Halloween movement cards included. One word...AWESOME! I LOVE movement cards. Each card has a different movement word. (Or a sound word). You shuffle the deck and pick a card - your students have to do whatever movement the card calls for. (i.e "Stretch like a spider web.") This is a FANTASTIC way to manage the energy in your room on party day. Give your students a fun outlet for all that pent up excitement and energy. Some of the movements are interpretive (i.e "flicker like a candle.") This is a great way for your students to exercise their creativity as well as their body. WIN WIN WIN!
13) Halloween Action Songs: 5 Halloween songs included. What's a party without a few fun songs to sing as a class. Here's the song list included:
*The Spooky Pokey: (A Halloween twist on the classic Hokey Pokey) - also a great way to spend some energy as this is an action song.
*Old MacDonald Had A Haunted House: (A Halloween twist on the classic Old MacDonald Had A Farm.)
*Vampire Vampire: An action song that will have your students going up and down and all around. The song ends with the students sitting quietly so it's a great song choice to use for redirecting the energy of the room by reeling your students back in.
*The Monster In The Dell: (A Halloween twist on the class The Farmer In The Dell.)
*If You're Spooky And You Know It: A Halloween spin on the classic If You're Happy And You Know It (Clap Your Hands). This is a super fun action song that your students will absolutely LOVE!
~~I hope you and your students LOVE this party saver pack as much as I loved putting it together.
Credit To: bizzyhands.com