These posters and the following direction activity were designed by Heather Bates, SLP. They are intended to assist students in achieving common core reading and speaking standards by helping them to better understand and use various positional concepts. There is a Halloween related poster for each of the following positional terms: in/out, on/off, under/over, in front of/behind, next to/between, around, and through. Copy and laminate the posters to be displayed in your room.
In addition, a following directions game is included. To play this game you will need to:
1. Copy, cut, laminate, and put each picture on a craft stick.
2. Place the pictures out in front of the group or hand one (or more) to each child in your group/classroom.
3. Give a direction from the premade list or make up your own.
4. See if the students who have the corresponding pictures can follow the given the direction.
5. Then have them state what they did using the correct spatial terms.
My students absolutely love this activity. This coordinates well with my Halloween Spatial Concepts Power Point. The adorable clip art is from www.mycutegraphics.com.