Also included in
- This MEGA Halloween bundle, created by occupational therapist, Lisa Marnell, consists of the following 7 hands-on resources for learning and skill development.1- Halloween Activities for Visual Skills: Offers 5 Halloween-themed activities that address visual scanning and visual perceptual skills. Th$18.00$28.00Save $10.00
This resource includes 10 pumpkin cards for preschool and kindergarten children to color and copy as they build visual skills important for academics.
Why are copying skills important for young children?
: Visual perception is a child’s ability to make sense of visual information. This skill is often addressed in occupational therapy. In this product, visual discrimination is addressed as children pay attention to the differences and similarities in the shapes they see on each of the pictures and then attempt to reproduce them as best they can.
Visual motor skill is the ability to use vision to guide hand movements. This is seen when drawing shapes or pictures, when cutting on a line, when coloring within the lines, and when carefully copying letters for handwriting. When a child has trouble with visual motor skills then writing, completing math worksheets, drawing, and crafts can be terribly frustrating.
How do I use this resource?
Store all of the cards in a pencil box. Follow these steps:
• Cut out all of the pumpkin cards – some have pictures and some are blank.
• Laminate the picture cards for durability (optional).
• Cut out the sign at the end of this resource: (“Pumpkins”.)
• Glue the sign on the pencil box. Place all the cards in the box.
Visit my website at KIDS MASTER SKILLS for skill-building activities and information on the latest research on child development and learning!
Also, check out HANDWRITING HELP FOR KIDS to learn more about the skills children need to succeed with handwriting!
To be notified when new products are posted, Follow My TPT Store, KIDS MASTER SKILLS!
Enjoy this resource! And please provide feedback to receive TPT points!