Halloween Readers' Theater: 3 scripts | Print and Digital |
Also included in
- Do your students enjoy doing Readers' Theaters as much as my students do? If so, you might want to check out my bundle of original scripts. Four of the scripts are related to language skills (synonyms, antonyms, multiple meaning words, and homophones), one set of scripts includes a plot identificatiPrice $32.00Original Price $63.44Save $31.44
Students will work cooperatively in small groups as they read the Halloween script that has been assigned to them. Students will improve their reading fluency each time they read their script.
Are you looking for something fun to do for Reading during the week of Halloween? This set of THREE Readers' Theaters will certainly spice things up!
This BUNDLE contains three separate Readers' Theater scripts:
1. Trick-or-Treat- This script contains 9 parts (although you can easily split the narrator into two parts to create 10 parts). Two boys play a trick on their older sisters as they walk home from school one Halloween afternoon. The girls decide to get even that Halloween evening when they are all trick-or-treating. With the help of one of the girl’s grandfather, they play a trick on their brothers that no one will soon forget!
2. Wizards and Potions- This script contains 8 parts (although you can easily create a 9th part by splitting the narrator part into two parts). Young Wesley is a wizard, and he just turned the magical age where he gets to learn how to make a potion. His parents and grandparents discuss with him why a young wizard must be responsible when creating potions. Potions are not to be “played with”. Wesley is determined to act responsibly, but then his friend, Will, comes to his house and convinces Wesley to make a potion to turn his sister’s hair green. The spell does not work as planned. His parents and grandparents must be told so that they can help him reverse the spell. They are not pleased with Wesley’s poor decision. Wendy’s hair is fixed, and Wesley promises never to act irresponsibly with potions again!
3. The Secret Graveyard Society- This script includes 8 or 9 parts. The Secret Graveyard Society- It is the mission of the Secret Graveyard Society to make sure kids have a fun and safe Halloween. The members (a witch, a vampire, a skeleton, a ghost, a scarecrow, a monster, and the Grim Reaper) make specific plans outlining how they will achieve their mission this year at Halloween.
Check the preview to check out the readability and to determine if it is appropriate for your students. (I wrote the scripts with my fourth and fifth-grade students in mind.)
********This resource is available in THREE FORMATS:
- TRADITIONAL PRINTABLES- Print each PDF and make paper copies. Distribute the scripts and your students will read from these paper copies.
- GOOGLE SLIDES ACTIVITY- With this format, students can read their script from a device.
- EASEL ACTIVITY- Students can read their script from a device with this option, as well. One added bonus to this version is that students can use the highlighting tool to highlight their lines.
Also, I created a 34-minute video where I explain why, when, and how I use readers' theaters in an upper elementary classroom. Click on the following link to check it out: Performing Readers' Theater in the Classroom: Video.
This is also part of a BUNDLE. If you like to do Readers' Theaters throughout the school year, you might want to check this out! Readers’ Theater BUNDLE (scripts to use throughout the year)
**IMPORTANT NOTE: This story is very similar to the story in my Plot, Setting, Theme Foldable Craftivity resource. This is intentional! I will use BOTH of these resources in my classroom in October. My students will complete the foldable the week BEFORE Halloween, and then during Halloween week, they will do the Readers' Theater activities. Once the Readers' Theater is performed, we will, as a class, COMPARE and CONTRAST stories! (The setting and theme are the same, but the plot is a bit different!)
Here is a link to the Foldable resource if you want to check it out:
You may want to check my Thanksgiving Readers' Theater scripts:
Have you ever tried any of my craftivities? Here are links to some of my Halloween-related craftivities!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!