Are you looking for Halloween reading passages and booklets that are differentiated to use for guided reading, close reading or test prep? This print and teach resource is perfect for all these needs, but appropriate for first grade too! Because the same passage is available in 3 differentiated levels, it can also be done as a close read whole group and discussed since the comprehension questions are the same for all 3 levels!
Try it for FREE first!
Read about what close reading looks like in my first grade classroom on the blog!
You can find a year of differentiated reading passages in this bundle! Here are the other holiday themed resources included in the bundle:
• Patriotic Passages
• Halloween Passages
• Thanksgiving Passages
• Christmas Passages
• New Years & Chinese New Year Passages (coming soon)
• Valentine's Passages (coming soon)
• President's Day Passages (coming soon)
• Black History Passages (coming soon)
• St. Patrick's Day Passages (coming soon)
• Easter Passages (coming soon)
• Mother's and Father's Day Passages
Find a bundle of all of my math and literacy printables that are for Halloween HERE!
Included In this Resource
• Non-Fiction Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• How To Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• Fiction Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• Recipe Passage
• Poetry Passage
• Reading Sentences
• Non-Fiction Booklet (3 differentiated levels)
• Fiction Booklet (3 differentiated levels)
• Comprehension Question types: key details, main idea/topic, inferencing, word/phrase meaning, characters/setting, author reasons to support claims
• Each passage includes 4 comprehension questions. The questions are essentially the same regardless of reading level to help facilitate whole group discussion of the passages if you want to use it that way!
• ANSWER KEYS for the passages
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO TO SEE EVERYTHING INCLUDED!
• Guided Reading: Charts and Organizational Tools
• Sight Word Daily Practice Printables
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2017, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!
Follow My TPT Store
| Follow My Blog