1. Halloween Reading (2 pages)
2. Vocabulary Exercises (3 pages)
-Write the correct vocabulary word under each picture.
-Match the vocabulary word with the correct definition.
-Fill in the Blanks with the correct vocabulary word.
This unit includes words such as ghost, carve, pumpkin, pumpkin patch, costume, jack-o-lantern, harvest, witch etc.
3. Comprehension: Students will form questions using the cues provided. Then, they will answer the questions using the information found in the reading.
4. Halloween “Fact or Opinion”: Students will read the 12 statements about Halloween. They will write F if the statement is a fact. They will write O if the statement is an opinion.
5. Phrasal Verbs: Students choose a verb from the word bank to fill in the blanks in the sentences. All of the sentences are related to the Halloween season.
6. Idiom and Grammar Review: In this worksheet students will discover the hidden idiom by identifying different parts of speech (i.e adverbs, prepositions, plural nouns, object pronouns, present tense verbs, irregular past tense verbs, and comparative adjectives). After identifying the words according to their parts of speech, they will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the idiom “a night owl.” Next, students will discuss with their teacher the meaning of this idiom. Finally, they will write one original sentence using the idiom.
7. Halloween Word Search Puzzle
8. Halloween Scrambled Words: Students will unscramble the words from the story.
9. Halloween Grammar Review: Students will write a noun, adjective and verb for each letter in the words Happy Halloween.
10. Word Art: This is a great worksheet for early finishers. Students should be encouraged to color and decorate the vocabulary words. It is very beneficial for students to use new vocabulary words in a variety of different ways. You could also encourage students to create their own word art projects using vocabulary from this unit.
When students have finished this word art worksheet, it can be easily displayed to make a beautiful bulletin board for Halloween.
You may also like:
Day of the Dead Reading
Halloween Pumpkin Patch Math BUNDLE: Multiplying Decimals by Whole Numbers
Halloween SMART Board Math Money
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺