Also included in
- What a great time-saver and money-saver this seasonal bundle will be for you! This amazing bundle has a Halloween Escape Room, a Halloween STEM Challenge, and a Halloween Reading resource! Perfect for such a busy time of year!NOTE: These two resources in this bundle may be purchased separately. NOTE$7.50$9.50Save $2.00
- Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. Topics are high interest and many correlate with units of study. So, get ready to tackle some science, some holiday topics, or just some fu$51.00$64.00Save $13.00
- This fabulous Halloween bundle of two resources is a great way to tackle a STEM activity. Students will read about Halloween topics and complete comprehension activities during your reading block. Add the STEM Challenge to build a pumpkin launcher and your students will definitely ask for more of th$6.00$7.50Save $1.50
Let’s get you ready for Halloween! This has been designed for those students you have that love nonfiction reading. You are going to love the format using nonfiction text features and comprehension worksheets. Just print and read- ready to go! This is not a digital resource!
NOTE: This reading passage set is available in a digital format that includes the printables.
NOTE: This resource is available in money-saving bundles:
This set features upper 3rd to fifth-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, matching items, listing examples, inferring, and basic reading comprehension questions.
The set also makes use of nonfiction text features. You will find the use of bold print, bulleted lists, captions, italics, glossary, photos, graphs, fact boxes, and titles.
The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. The reading selections include a passage about the history of trick-or-treating, a passage about fears and phobias, a passage about haunted houses, and a passage about the tradition of carving a jack-o’-lantern.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has 4 more reading selections. The articles include an article about mazes, an article about the best-selling candy, an article about the largest pumpkin ever grown, and a fact box article that include candy trivia. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 1 graphic organizer.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on the table of contents page.
NOTE: The reading selections for this resource were written for elementary students. The reading levels of the passages are appropriate for upper third grade through fifth grade. This set is perfect for centers, small groups, seat work, homework, or sub days!
Specific contents of this resource are:
- Selection 1- Trick or Treat in 2 reading levels
- Selection 2- What Are You Afraid Of? in 2 reading levels
- Selection 3 – Happy Haunting! in 2 reading levels
- Selection 4 – Stingy Jack in 2 reading levels
- Newspaper Page- 4 articles (A Corny Time, The Great Pumpkin, Chocolate is the Best, and Did You Know?)
- Newspaper Comprehension page and one graphic organizer
- Halloween Word Search puzzle
- Answer keys for all
- Table of Contents listing levels, skills, Common Core standards, and nonfiction text features
- Teacher's Guide with notes about reading levels, standards, organizations, and ideas for use
This set is also available in a BOOM card version. The Boom set has more reading passages and different questions.
You might also enjoy these Halloween resources:
- Escape the Haunted House Paperless Breakout
- Haunted House Escape Room (with locks and boxes)
- Halloween Pumpkin Launchers
- Halloween Elevator Challenge
- Halloween Maze Challenge
- Spiders Escape Room
- Spider Cage Challenge
- Skeleton Escape Room
- Halloween Math Print and Solve
You might also like these Print and Read resources:
- Animal Adaptations Print and Read
- Pirates Print and Read
- Spiders Print and Read
- Sharks Print and Read
- Weather Print and Read
- Space Print and Read
- Landforms Print and Read
- Volcanoes Print and Read
- Sports Print and Read
- Back to School Print and Read
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches! All you have to do is follow my store. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers are Terrific!
Keep in Touch with Teachers Are Terrific!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!