This is a really fun way to teach about irregular and plural nouns. According to the Common Core State Standards, students should master this skill by third grade!
Included are two different types of printable bookmarks for kids to complete and three practice worksheets.
Ideas for Using irregular and regular plural noun Bookmarks and Practice Sheets:
• Have students find regular and irregular plural nouns in the books they are reading. Have them copy them on the bookmarks.
• Work with partners to think of regular and irregular plural nouns for the practice sheets. Then answer the discussion questions about plural nouns together.
• Have students complete a bookmark for both regular and irregular plural nouns and then glue them into their reader’s or writer’s notebooks.
• Have students create a plural nouns folder and add the bookmarks and practice sheets. Cover pages are included!
• Once the bookmarks are completed, challenge students to use some of the plural noun patterns in their own writing. Have them identify plurals in their writing and think about what they spelling patterns look like.
Common Core Standards for Grade 3 and Beyond:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
o CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.1b Form and use regular and irregular plural nouns.