Also included in
- Super-charge your STEM class with 52 high-engagement, critical thinking, problem-solving, NGSS-aligned challenges to take you through the entire year! Modifications are included to make these activities engaging and challenging for students in grades 2 - 8. The basic premise: Students work in partne$99.00$196.83Save $97.83
Halloween STEM Challenge Activities will keep your kids engaged in brain-busting work disguised as fun during an otherwise distracting holiday!
The basic premise:
Students work in partners or groups against criteria & constraints lists to design and build Halloween-themed devices (and each challenge can also be related to a non-Halloween theme if your school doesn't allow holiday activities).
Modification suggestions are included to make these challenges engaging and productive for students in grades 2 - 8.
Note: This is the printable version. If you are in a 1:1 / paperless classroom, you will want to check out the digital option for use with GOOGLE SLIDES (TM) instead.
If you have questions about which version is right for you, please feel free to leave me a question using the product Q&A below.
This bundle includes the following five challenges at a great discount:
⭐ Halloween STEM Challenge: Bone Bridge®
⭐ Halloween STEM Challenge: Creature Catcher
⭐ Halloween STEM Challenge: Ghosts in the Graveyard
⭐ Halloween STEM Challenge: Treat Toss
⭐ Halloween STEM Challenge: Wings Wanted
Materials you’ll need to do the activity are easily modified. Materials lists can be found in the product descriptions for each individual challenge linked above.
- Overall STEM Challenge Facilitator Tips
- Suggestions on timing whether or not to treat these challenges as competitions
- What to say (and what not to say) during STEM Challenges
- 5-event Data Tracker handout
Plus, each challenge comes with:
- NGSS aligned standards, Grades 2 – 8
- Link to a video walk through of each challenge
- Links to video PD series on getting started with STEM challenges
- Premise & Set-up
- Materials and timing
- Modifying Criteria & Constraints to adjust challenge difficulty
- Measuring results
- Post-design extension activities list, including video links to support science connections with the challenges
- Criteria & Constraints List (editable version provided)
- Design Analysis Handouts (2-page regular spacing and 4-page expanded spacing for primary students included)
- Discussion Questions
- Process Flow Map
- Math Extension
- Plus, additional design-specific handouts (see each individual challenge product description pages for more details)
What are teachers saying about this bundle?
"This is the best resource I have ever purchased on this site! I couldn't believe that there were so many resources embedded in the activities. Not only do you get the challenges, but how-to video links, links for your students (Which I sent via Google Classroom to my students), and extension activities for writing. WOW! I was so impressed I bought the Thanksgiving STEM challenge."
“These were great challenges. The materials were easy to gather and I liked that there were suggestions to make them easier or harder. My students loved these!”
“Loved the stem activities and so did my students. Everyone was totally engaged.”
"I can't wait to do this with my students!! The student pages are very organized and complete. It will be so easy for me to prepare for these challenges with the supplies listed in such an organized fashion. Thanks for providing such a great resource!"
"AMAZING!! The quality to this download and organization is flawless. One of the most extensive things I have bought and I am SO EXCITED to use in my classroom! My kids are going to love it. THANK YOU :)"
“Excellent STEM resource for Halloween...super thorough lessons. Worth the $10 for all the work that KT provided. Thank you!”
“Fantastic unit! Very detailed, leveled worksheets, youtube videos with instructions, materials list, etc. So great! Thank you!”
“Used the Bone Bridge for my evaluation lesson! Went great and the kids loved it!"
"This is fantastic. I'll be using the bone bridge today with my GT class. This package made putting together my lesson plans a snap. There were several youtube videos to choose from with an academic focus that related to the fun activity. There were a variety of reflection cards to choose from that ranged in complexity of thought. I thought it was a pricey item, and I don't normally spend this much on one unit activity, but I feel like it was worth it."
"Exceptionally imaginative ideas for STEM activities based on a theme. Embedded lInks to the online videos are great. As much a professional development program, as a pupils engineering activity. Terrific."
"I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS!!! MY KIDS ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS!! I love that it challenged kids in a fun way and allowed kids that may not be "worksheet smart" the opportunity to shine with their tactile design skills! My kids begged me to do it again each week - that same activity because they thought of a new way to improve their design. It was a fun teaching moment where I didn't feel like the teacher on the Charlie Brown cartoons - lecturing all day. Thanks for creating these - on to find next months!"
"This is my first year teaching science/STEM. My kids LOVED this! Many even went home and worked to improve their designs before class the next day. They also started talking with other school staff about the science behind what they were doing - they are taking off on their own and it's fantastic!"
"This bundle was so detailed and specific! As a first time STEM challenge teacher, I found this so helpful and easy to facilitate for my elementary students. Thank you!"
You may also like these products: