Also included in
- STEM / STEAM All Year Long Curriculum Bundle! A total of 28 Challenges! Each STEM Challenge has detailed directions, photo examples, a list of materials needed, prediction section, brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, final results section with drawings, and a reflection section. This bundle$34.99$43.22Save $8.23
- STEM / STEAM (85+ Challenges) Growing Bundle - All the StudentSavvy STEM Resources! Currently Contains Over 85 STEM Challenges! Every STEM Challenge has detailed directions, photo examples, a list of materials needed, a prediction section, a brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, a final resul$110.00$161.21Save $51.21
Halloween & October STEM Challenges for Students!
October is upon us, which means that Halloween is right around the corner! Fall has also arrived, and with it comes a world of opportunities to incorporate STEM activities into the classroom that can directly tie in to the season.
This resource has science, technology, engineering, and measurement activities to do with your upper elementary kids that will really get their brains going this autumn season!
There are 4 Halloween STEM Challenges in this pack. Each STEM Challenge has photo examples, a list of materials needed, prediction section, brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, final results section with drawings, and a reflection section.
The STEM Challenges include:
1. Eyeball Catapult (two types featured, one is extended learning) Students design a contraption that can launch an "eyeball" (ping pong ball).
2. Candy Corn Scale (Students construct a scale that effectively balances equal weights and then they must make predictions about various Halloween items and test them)
3. Shoe-box Haunted House Students plan and construct a spooky (or silly) haunted house using a shoe-box! The rooms must have specific themes or purposes in their haunted house.
4. Bridge of Bones Students build a bridge ONLY using glue and Q Tips! How much weight can their bridge support after the glue has dried?
✦Need assistance conducting STEM in the classroom? Try the STEM Handbook and Guide for Students!✦
You may be interested in the following STEM Resources: