NOTE: This product is a compilation of six Halloween Scoot activities offered individually in my TpT Store for $2.00 each. By purchasing this bundle, the buyer receives a significant savings!!!
Scoot is a popular game played in many elementary school classrooms. Easily adapted to any content area and grade level, Scoot makes for a welcome change from just completing a worksheet for skill practice. The skills practiced with these Scoot activities are...
Simple Subjects and Predicates
Nouns, Verbs, or Adjectives
Independent Clauses, Dependent Clauses, Phrases
To prepare each Halloween Scoot game…
Print pages 3- 10.
Laminate the pages for durability.
Cut apart the cards.
Even though each card is numbered, I prefer to write the number on the back of the card as well.
Print the cover page and glue it onto a large envelope.
Print a supply of Recording Sheets. You will need one per player.
Print a copy of the Answer Sheet.
Place the cards, Recording Sheets, and Answer Sheet in the envelope for safe storage.
To play Scoot…
1. Place the cards around the room face down in front of each student. If you wish to use all the cards, simply double-up cards in front of some students.
2. Give each player a Recording Sheet, or if you prefer, just have them use a numbered sheet of looseleaf paper.
3. Students begin by answering the card(s) in front of them, writing their answer(s) on the recording sheet.
4. After an appropriate amount of time, call “SCOOT!” and students turn the card(s) face down and move to the next place where they answer the question on the card.
5. Play continues in this manner until all items have been answered or time runs out.
6. Collect the student sheets to assess yourself or check them together in class.