Many young children struggle with differentiating what halloween symbols are real or pretend. This social story, sorting activity and supporting tiered activities allows students to sort common halloween images by real or pretend. Preschool-aged children, children with attention or mental health difficulties and children on the autism spectrum cannot always determine if vampires and witches are real or pretend. This activity is designed for preschool, 4K teachers, kindergarten teachers, guidance counselors, Special Education teachers and Speech Pathologists.
All the images that are shown around Halloween on TV, movie theatres and at stores can sometimes be frightening for children. Help them understand that some Halloween images are not real while also working on common core language skills such as sorting and classifying, using prefixes, expressing opinions ("My favorite") in writing and with pictures. All images presented are kid-friendly (they are not going to scare your students). Here is what you will receive:
- A nine page social story, color,
- Visuals to help students decide if an image is real or pretend, 2 pages,
- Find the pretend images in the picture,
- Real or pretend sorting mats, 2 pages, color, (with pictures)
- Real or pretend sorting mats, 2 pages, black and white, (with pictures)
- Real or pretend sorting mats, 2 pages, color (no pictures),
- Real or pretend, unral sorting mats, 3 pages, black and white, (no pictures),
- 4 pages pictures, color,
- 4 pages pictures, black and white,
- 1 black and white worksheet, cut and glue,
- 1 black and white worksheet, the prefix "un" (unreal),
- 2 pages, expressing an opinion in writing.
You will receive 38 pages of both color and black and white pictures, activities and worksheets for both large and small group or individual instruction.
Check out the detailed outline and screenshots of the product on the preview page and my blog post on Halloween: Help Young Children with their Frears.
Check out my other fall products:
If you purchase it, remember to leave a fair rating and comment
to earn tpt credits towards any items on the tpt website!