Do you need a FUN Halloween Song which also builds music literacy? This K-5 Orff Arrangement makes DIFFERENTIATION easy. NO-PREP activities include music reading, singing, major/minor scales, playing a game, and performing using rhythmic and melodic instruments.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at this helpful resource.
**Click "play" to listen to the attainable, musical Orff arrangement in the video preview above.
Play is important even for upper elementary students. This lesson includes a game that your students will want to play ALL year long!
The following music elements are included in this easy-to-use lesson.
- Quarter notes, eighth notes, quarter rest
- Treble clef note names (with and without prompts)
- Major/minor scale
- Solfege reading (with and without prompts)
Note: In order to allow for differentiation within grades as well as between grades, activities are NOT labeled with levels or grades.
Also Included in Lesson
- Learning Targets written as clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
- Simple, doable, observational assessment options with rubric
- Large easy-to-read music notation
- Melodic ostinato patterns are notated with and without prompts
- Differentiation options with instrumental accompaniments of varying levels of difficulty
- “Look it Up!” slides to introduce new music concepts & symbols
- Built-in student response & active engagement throughout lesson
- “Take it Home” pages to share at home
- An editable slide with border for customization of lesson, if desired
- Teacher Tips for using lesson
Not Rhythm Syllable Specific: The lessons in this Music Literacy series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons.
If you are looking for NO-PREP sequential music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, you may be interested in the BUNDLES below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, + So
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.