This spider themed number sense Halloween math centers resource gets learners up and engaged in counting to 20. This packet has 5 sets of 20 Count the Room cards and multiple recording pages to provide differentiation. The cards and recording pages have matching Halloween graphics.
IMPORTANT: These activities are NOT intended for use by learners and classrooms who DO NOT celebrate Halloween.
This versatile resource has many differentiation options to best meet the needs of your learners. There are options for addressing quantities to 10, quantities of 11 to 20, and quantities 1 to 20. There are recording pages for each option. (In order to give learners enough room to write, some pages will need to be copied front and back to address quantities for 1 to 20.)
After you have determined the quantities you are addressing with this activity, you may choose from a variety of response options to best meet the needs of your learners.
• Learners may write the numeral for the quantity represented on the card.
• Learners may make tally marks for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw dominoes for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may draw dice for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may complete ten frames for the quantity represented card.
• Learners may write the number word for the quantity represented on the card.
• Learners may write the numeral for the quantity represented on the card and continue counting by writing the next 2 numerals. For example: With a card representing 7, the learner would write 7, 8, 9 as a response.
Print, laminate, and cut out the cards. Make copies of the recording page for the quantities you have selected.
Hang the cards in places all around the room. Give each student a clipboard, pencil, and recording page. Learners search the room for the cards. When they find a card, they write their response in the correct space on the recording sheet.
This resource helps learners develop numeracy, and supports the Math Common Core Standards for Counting and Cardinality.
Thank you for looking at this resource. I hope you and your learners enjoy these activities.
Please click on the links below to view other resources you may enjoy.
Frank & Friends Halloween Math Centers Spook-tacular
Pumpkin Palooza Math Centers (Numerals to 20)
Pumpkin Number Fun Math Centers Numerals to 20
$$$ Saving Bundles!!!
Halloween on the Farm Count and Clip Cards Bundle
Pumpkins Number Sense Math Centers Bundle