Download the free App...Finn & Friends Mysteries
These are fantastic interactive books to keep all your students and clients engaged. The books can be read for you and have activities within the story. This book and book companion is best for school-age clients.
This companion is for the book- The Case of the Mystifying Mummy
Open-ended games (pgs. 4-8)
1. Get the detectives to the mummy by following the magnifying glasses.
2. Roll & Cover Mummy-Have each student roll the dice and then cover the corresponding circle with a bingo chip or candy corn!
3. Becoming A Detective- Each client draws a card and tries to collect each piece of a detective’s equipment. If you draw a detective card, the student gets to take a piece of equipment from another player. If the student draws a mummy card, they have to put a piece of equipment back in the pile. The first one to get all the pieces becomes the Detective!
Detective Speech- (pg. 10) Articulation practice
Wh-comprehension questions (pgs. 11 & 12)
‘What’ and ‘Where’ comprehension questions to use with open-ended games.
Sequencing and Story Re-write (pgs 13 -15)
1. Use the picture cards to sequence and re-tell the story
2. Use the Story Re-write to let your clients illustrate and re-tell the story in their own words.
Solve the Mystery Describing Game- (pgs.16 & 17)
Need-Picture Cards and flashlight
Directions-Hide the picture cards around the room. Give glues about the target picture and have the student find with a flashlight. Or, have each student tell 1-3 things about a picture they find.
Synonym Cards (pgs 18-26)
Use with open ended games or use as memory game. Match the detective card to its correct mummy synonym card. Levels 1-3.