Also included in
- 2021 October Teacher Favorites Grab Bag This is sure to make your October shopping easy! Now you can grab all the October teacher favorites resources that other teachers are buying to prepare for the month of October. 2021 October Teacher Favorites Grab Bag Includes:Creepy Carrots STEM read-aloud i$16.50$25.50Save $9.00
This lesson plan provides a printable or projectable informational text that focuses on the historic origins of the holiday and compares Halloween traditions then and now.
This lesson plan includes a variety of activities to support your English Language Arts standards during this Halloween season! The lesson guides students to revisit the text in search of deeper information, talk about the text, take notes, and write about their new learning in a fun Haunted House shape book!
This Halloween resource includes:
- printable student informational text booklet: "Halloween: Then & Now"
- projectable teacher informational text: "Halloween: Then & Now"
- one page printable article: "Halloween: Then & Now"
- two lesson plan options: An engaging I See, I Think, I Wonder lesson or a thorough lesson plan that will walk you step by step through the close reading process
-grade specific text dependent questions for 1st, 2nd and 3rd which focus on RI standards
-text dependent questions answer keys
-note taking graphic organizers
-partner Talk strategy poster
-unknown Words vocabulary poster
-student writing printable: Haunted House Shape Book in two sizes
-witch craftivity template and instructions
Students LOVE Halloween and sometimes teachers wish they could feed off that energy to make the holiday a little more educational. We've created a meaningful way to engage students in the excitement of Halloween while also meeting ELA standards.
Our buyers say:
"This fits perfectly for my Social Studies unit on Then and Now...content AND timing!"
"What a great way to celebrate Halloween in a fun and educational way!"
***Lessons are also available for grades 4-6.***
Visit our blog here to find out more about turning Halloween into something educational.
We would love to hear from you! Please remember to earn your free TpT credit by leaving feedback when you purchase!
Follow us to get updates on our newest products!
For helpful tips, hints, and classroom strategies check out our website!