Need an engaging and interactive verb tense review for your upper elementary students that is Halloween themed? This FREE verb tense board game includes Halloween themed review of past, present, and future verb tenses.
This verb tense practice game includes:
- Halloween themed game board
- Directions for playing the game
- Task cards with questions about verb tense
- A version without the “Verb Tense” title so you can use with any skill, and any set of task cards!
Perfect for a Halloween ELA Station!
Here’s how I use it in my classroom!
- I print and laminate my directions and answer keys front and back, to make it easier for each group, but you could also have them record their answers and check them later!
- Don’t have the time or class structure to play the game? Use the game cards for a SCOOT activity, task cards, or post them around the room for a gallery walk activity.
- Another option is to play the game as a whole class. Project the game board onto your whiteboard, or smart board, and play as a whole class! Have students use whiteboards for a quick check.
- You can also modify this game to play with just dice, if you don’t want to print in color! The game cards and game board can be printed in grayscale.
Want more board games? Check this out!