Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- Vocabulary Curriculum Bundle: 12 months of Jargon Journal vocabulary curriculum!Jargon Journal is a weekly vocabulary program tied to picture books. This BUNDLE is for the following vocabulary curriculum sets. See each set's listing to see what books are included.August Bundle (Back to School)Septem$39.96$99.55Save $59.59
Grab a month’s worth of meaningful Halloween activities for your 1st-3rd grade classroom! These vocabulary activities use Halloween picture books to teach tier 2 vocabulary words in an engaging way! This impactful routine will help your students master new vocabulary words each week while enjoying seasonal read-aloud books.
This Halloween Vocabulary Activities Bundle includes 4 weekly vocabulary units:
- The Fierce Yellow Pumpkin by Margaret Wise Brown
- Hallowen Night by Arden Druce
- Scary, Scary Halloween by Eve Bunting
- The Vanishing Pumpkin by Tony Johnston
Each week, students are introduced to 4 new vocabulary words in the weekly read-aloud book. Throughout the week students practice the 4 weekly vocabulary words in a variety of ways and record their thinking in an interactive journal. A brief assessment can be done at the end of the week to see how well students have retained the new vocabulary words.
Note: While these units complement the mentioned picture books, they do not provide the text and the books are not required for utilizing the materials.
You’ll love how easy this routine is to implement and your students will amaze you with how well they learn and retain new vocabulary words each week!
Each unit includes:
- Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
- Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
- Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
- Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
- Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
- Vocabulary cards with photo support
- Interactive review PowerPoint
✅ Download the preview to see more of what’s included with each book!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
L.1.4, L.1.5, L.1.6
L.2.4, L.2.5, L.2.6
L.3.4, L.3.5, L.3.6
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
“My RTI students LOVE these activities! The stories are engaging, and really help them see/hear the words in an authentic setting. I've made it a part of our routine, and they cannot wait to get started! They have even recognized some of our Jargon Journal words in other texts! As a teacher, I really appreciate the step-by-step instructions.” - Lynn M. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“My students are so focused on the story and listening for the words they are engaged and interested.” - Marianne H. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Jargon Journals have been a wonderful addition to my classroom learning. The kids are learning the vocabulary and using it in daily language. Love these products!” - 2nd Grade teacher ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Awesome resource! I love to hear the “dings!” when my students hear the words in our books. Love the text-to-text connections!” - Gina T. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“This is still my favorite thing to do with the kids each day. They love finding the words everywhere. Lots of positive parent feedback too!” - 3rd grade teacher ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Bundle & Save!
Purchase the Jargon Journal Year Long Bundle to get this resource as part of our 12 month vocabulary bundle.
You may also like…
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.