Also included in
- THIS IS A GROWING BUNDLE – Please read this product description to understand what holiday themes are included and which have not been added yet. Looking for the ultimate go-to resource for your speech therapy sessions with toddlers, preschoolers, and school aged children? Look no further – this ULPrice $17.50Original Price $25.00Save $7.50
Halloween Vocabulary Building Pre-K to 3rd Grade Speech Therapy is a MUST HAVE for targeting Halloween vocabulary – no prep worksheets AND hands-on activities are included!
Activities and worksheets include vocabulary flashcards, vocabulary puzzles, cut and paste worksheets, Feed Max the Monster Hands-on Game, vocabulary definition puzzles AND MANY MORE! More than 40 different worksheets, handouts, and activities that can be used for BOTH in-person sessions and digitally for tele-therapy sessions.
Celebrate Halloween with these versatile vocabulary building activities, worksheets, and resources - that are offer print and no-print/digital options.
This product contains the following that are perfect for your speech therapy sessions with toddlers, preschoolers, and early elementary students!
- Did You know...?
- Learn helpful information about vocabulary development and techniques
Introducing the Halloween Vocabulary
- Brainstorm: What Do You Know About Halloween? - SIMPLE PRINT AND GO!
An activity to activate prior knowledge. Ask the student to think about Halloween and draw a picture showing what he/she knows.
Interacting with Halloween Vocabulary:
- Thematic Vocabulary Flashcards - PREP ONCE AND KEEP FOREVER!
Print on thick cards or laminate for durability. Use these flashcards in a fun manner to introduce these vocabulary words (e.g. play memory or go on a scavenger hunt). Hide these cards in a sensory bin or somewhere in your house and have your child try to find them. You can also work on improving your child’s ability to listen and follow directions by asking your child to listen to your directions as you hide the vocabulary cards in the room.
- Puzzle Cards – PREP ONCE AND KEEP FOREVER!
Print pages on cardstock and laminate for extra durability. Help your child put these puzzles together while naming the pictures. Use self-talk and parallel-talk while putting the puzzles together. See the cheat sheet in the resource library at www.mytoddlertalks.com for more language elicitation and modeling techniques.
- Circle and Say Worksheets - SIMPLE PRINT AND GO!
have student(s) circle and say the Halloween vocabulary word in the picture.
- Real Life Situations Using the Halloween Vocabulary – SIMPLE PRINT AND GO!
have student(s) answer questions using the Halloween vocabulary
- Say, Color, and Display Coloring Sheets – SIMPLE PRINT AND GO!
These coloring sheets contain pictures of the target words for your child, student, or client to color. They are unique because there is a visual cue for the first sound of the pictured word. For instance, the lips are together for the picture of the girl planting a tree. This cues children to say the word by putting their lips together. Such visuals can help your toddler see how to make the first sound in the word. Coloring these pictures is a wonderful way to intentionally target this Hanukkah vocabulary.
- Guess What I Am: Cut and Paste Activity – SIMPLE PRINT AND GO!
Print and give to students to complete for in-person speech therapy sessions or at home.
- Vocabulary Definition Puzzles
Student friendly definitions provided on puzzles for students to match up. Print, laminate for durability, cut out and have students put the puzzles together.
Draw and Connect Puzzles – (some prep involved but super engaging!)
- Feed Max the Monster Activity –PREP ONCE AND KEEP FOREVER!
Max is a friendly monster who has an insatiable appetite. He’s not a picky eater and prefers a varied diet of sweets, fast food, insects, and other earthly things. YOUR STUDENTS WILL LOVE FEEDING HIM with this low prep game!
- Extension Ideas for parents and caregivers
- Favorite Halloween Themed Picture Books
- Tele-therapy Suggestions
See the thumbnail images and preview to learn more!
Thank you for your consideration and or for buying this product.
Please know this product is included in my Year Long Vocabulary Building BUNDLE!
I would LOVE to know what you think, please leave a review to earn TPT credits.
Other products you may like:
About the SLP:
Kimberly Scanlon, MA, CCC-SLP is an ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist and has earned 4 awards for continuing education (ACE). She is also the author of the best selling book, “My Toddler Talks: Strategies and Activities to Promote Your Child’s Language Development”, the interactive picture book, “Learning to Read is a Ball”, and “My Toddler's First Words: A Step-By-Step Guide to Jump-Start, Track, and Expand Your Toddler's Language”.
Follow me for updates, giveaways, freebies, inspiration, and fun therapy ideas!