This Boom Learning℠ resource with 66 digital task cards helps students learn vocabulary words about Halloween in the U.S. There are 3 differentiated activities about 20 vocab words; the same 20 words are used in each activity. The 1st card in the deck states the instructions and the 2nd card is a word bank with the target vocab words. Another card is a menu that students use to select an activity to do. When students finish an activity, they see a card that prompts them to return to the menu card to choose another activity.
* To use Boom Cards™, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
* When you purchase and download this resource, you’ll receive a PDF file with instructions on how to access the Boom Cards. The actual cards are not included in the PDF file.
* The vocabulary words used in this resource are the same vocabulary words used in the Halloween Vocabulary Boom Cards™: Match Definitions & Words (Distance Learning) resource.
In Activity 1:
Students read a sentence and question, then click on 1 of the 3 answer choices to answer the question. A picture illustrating the target vocab word is provided on the card for additional support. Students can click on the audio icon to hear the sentence and question read out loud. Answers self-correct automatically.
In Activity 2:
Students read a sentence and question, then type a vocab word in a text box to answer the question. A picture illustrating the target vocab word is provided on the card for additional support. Students can click on the audio icon to hear the sentence and question read out loud. Answers are not case sensitive. Students click on the Submit button or Return key to check their answer, which must be correct before they can proceed to the next card.
In Activity 3:
Students see a large picture and read a simple sentence, then type a vocab word in a text box to answer the question. The question is not read aloud. Answers are not case sensitive. Students click on the Submit button or Return key to check their answer, which must be correct before they can proceed to the next card.
This resource is aimed at English Language Learners with a low intermediate level of language proficiency or higher. Other students may also enjoy it.
* They exist only online: You’ll save paper because you don’t need to print them.
* They are visually appealing: Since they are digital, they are in color and you don’t have to worry about using up printer ink.
* They are low-prep: You’ll save time because students just need an internet connection and a device to use them.
* They are self-grading: You’ll save time assessing students’ work because the cards automatically indicate right and wrong responses.
* They are interactive: Students must engage with the cards in a game-like manner, which helps keep them motivated.
* They are self-checking: Students will immediately find out if their answers are correct or incorrect.
* They can be used as a whole class activity on an interactive whiteboard or individually if students all have a device.
* Use on computers, tablets, and smartphones: Offers greater access if you don’t have enough computers for every student; it also means they can be used at home as long as students have access to a smartphone.
* You can assign Boom Cards with Google Classroom™.
* Depending on the type of your Boom Learning account, you can get reports that track how your students did when they use decks
What you get in this product:
★ Cover (1 page)
★ A table of contents for quick reference (1 page)
★ A Notes to the Teacher section with background information, ELA CCSS addressed & link to the resource on the Boom Learning site (2 pages)
★ Descriptions of the Instructions, Word Bank, Menu & Return to Menu cards in this deck (1 page)
★ Descriptions of the 3 activities in this deck (3 pages)
★ Copyright, social media & credits information (1 page)
★ Directions to students (1 card)
★ Word Bank (1 card)
★ Menu card (1 card)
★ 60 cards for students to match definitions with the target vocab words (60 cards)
★ Return to Menu card at the end of each activity (1 card for each activity for a total of 3 cards)
You might also like these products:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Boom Learning and Boom Cards are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.