Also included in
- This bundle of 4 resources, all of which are CCSS-aligned, lets your students practice or review a variety of English language and math skills by using task cards or doing color-by-number activities. The 4 resources have the following themes: * Halloween * Thanksgiving * Winter Symbols * Winter$10.40$13.00Save $2.60
- Find task cards, word searches, and a crossword puzzle in this bundle of 3 Halloween products! There are print and Google Drive™ versions of all the resources. Each product is based on 20 Halloween-themed vocabulary words (see below for a list of the words). Please click on the links to the indiv$8.00$10.00Save $2.00
Use these task cards to learn or review 20 vocabulary words that symbolize Halloween. The 3 differentiated versions make these task cards especially suitable for English Language Learners at lower proficiency levels in upper elementary and middle school and other students will also enjoy using them. The task cards can be used independently, in pairs, or in small groups.
You can use this resource remotely in 2 ways:
a) When teaching synchronously or asynchronously online, decide which version of the task cards you want to use (or mix up the versions) and explain the task. Display the task cards one at a time and give students time to write their answer; alternatively, you can send the task cards to students and they can do the work on their own. Have students send you their answers and use the answer key to assess them. Or ask students to share their answers if you’re using a platform that allows you to do that.
b) For students to do on their own: Photocopy the task cards you want your students to use and the appropriate answer key (if you want students to correct their work themselves) and send the material home. Tell students what to do and have them send you their work when they’ve completed the assignment. Use the rubric to correct the work if doing that yourself.
✓ Please Note:
* If you prefer, this product is available in a slightly different version as a Google Drive resource. You can find it HERE.
* This product is included in a bundle with 2 other Halloween resources that saves you 25% off the cost of purchasing them separately: Halloween Activities BUNDLE with Task Cards, Word Searches and Crossword Puzzle
These task cards include 20 common Halloween words, come in three different versions for varying levels of language ability, and include black-and-white versions for all three sets of task cards:
* One version consists of task cards with a picture and a one-sentence description followed by a "Who am I?" question and three multiple-choice answers.
* The second version includes just the picture on the task card, with the word for the image next to it on a separate card; this version is aimed at lower proficiency ELLs and younger students who are learning to read.
* Another more challenging version has the same questions and pictures but not the possible answers; instead, it asks students to identify the key words that helped them find the answers.
Words included: apple, bat, broom, candy, cat, cauldron, cemetery, coffin, costume, ghost, jack o'lantern, moon, mummy, pumpkin, skeleton, skull, trick or treat, vampire, witch, zombie
Answer sheets for students and an answer key for teachers are included.
What educators who have used this resource say about it:
♥ "Great for esl" -- A buyer.
♥ "My fourth graders enjoyed these." -- LoveKids.
Use these task cards to teach about Halloween, to review vocabulary, to practice identifying key words in sentences, to promote cooperative learning, as a reward, or just for fun!
What you get in this product:
★ A table of contents for easy reference (1 page)
★ A Notes to the Teacher page with explanatory information (1 page)
★ A list of the ELA Common Core standards addressed by this product (1 page)
★ Three versions of the Halloween task cards in color (20 pages)
★ Three versions of the Halloween task cards in black-and-white (20 pages)
★ Two versions of the student answer sheet (2 pages)
★ One answer key for teachers (1 page)
You might also like these holiday resources:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards or WIDA ELD standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS or WIDA standards.