Spook your students into practicing word analysis strategies with these fun Halloween-themed worksheets! Add these to literacy stations, set out for morning work/early finishers, or use for exit tickets! These are an easy way to engage students in rigorous word analysis practice during the busy Halloween season!
- use context clues to clarify meanings of unfamiliar words and phrases
- use knowledge of roots and affixes
- use knowledge of synonyms and antonyms
- use knowledge of homophones
- use word-reference materials including the glossary, dictionary, and thesaurus
- 2 four-question worksheets (questions mimic TEI skills)
- 1 eight-question multiple choice version (same questions)
- answer keys
This resource supports Virginia SOL 4.4 (word analysis/vocabulary skills), but will work with any curriculum.
You might also like:
Need more word analysis resources? Click here.
Thanks for visiting my store!
Follow me to be notified about new resources and freebies!