Also included in
- Improve your students’ vocabulary and pronunciation skills with this Bundle of 12 thematic Word Walls ! They will love the flashcards and the matching games. You’ll also get a great classroom decoration. What are Word Wall Words ? In its most basic form, it’s just a collection of labels displayed on$38.00$48.00Save $10.00
- If you are looking for a lot of different activities to celebrate Halloween with your ESL students, then this bundle is perfect ! Fun activities, vocabulary, pronunciation, various games: everything has been designed to be fun, efficient and engaging for both the students and you, the teacher.Some$21.00$27.00Save $6.00
Improve your students’ vocabulary and pronunciation skills with this Halloween Word Wall! They will love the flashcards and the matching games. You’ll also get a great classroom decoration.
In its most basic form, it’s just a collection of labels displayed on the wall that students can refer to. Words are chosen from a list of high frequency of use or from a specific theme. In this resource, you will find 20 Halloween-related words, along with the illustrations, the phonetic transcription and more.
Words simply displayed on the wall will not be of any help to most ESL students and/or young learners. They may have no idea what they mean and how they are pronounced.
That’s why you will find all the following labels for each of the 20 words:
- A picture that can be displayed on the wall (or the whiteboard with magnetic tape) and/or used as a flashcard. 2 sizes are available, use the one that fits your needs.
- A label with the word, to be placed under the illustration
- A label with the IPA phonetic transcription, to be placed under the illustration
- A label with the word, the picture and the phonetic transcription (matching game)
- A label with the word and the picture (matching game or display)
- A label with the phonetic transcription and the picture (matching game or display)
A vocabulary recap is also included.
This resource’s goal is to improve your students’ vocabulary, pronunciation skills and knowledge of the phonetic alphabet.
There are different ways you can proceed, depending on your students' level.
- Print, laminate, cut and display all the labels of your choice. You will get a beautiful Word Wall. Students can refer to it though they were not involved in the project.
- Print, laminate and cut the pictures, the words and the transcriptions. Students will have to associate all the elements. They will love handling the labels, will be more engaged and thus will memorize the vocabulary faster.
- If you want to engage them even more, just print the labels you need in black and white and let them color (at home) and cut. Students are always eager to participate!
If some students require extra help, you can differentiate this activity. Just use the labels where both the picture and the name or both the picture and the transcription are displayed.
Are you looking for a group activity that will engage every student ? Some labels have been specifically designed for that!
Print, laminate and cut the labels in 2 or 3 parts (depending on the game) and you will get 3 games.
Students will have to match:
- A word with the correct illustration and phonetic transcription
- A word with the correct illustration
- The illustration with the phonetic transcription
You can start with these matching games before assembling the word wall if you feel like it.
bat, broom, candy, candy bag, candy corn, cat, frog, ghost, grave, haunted house, Jack 0’Lantern, moon, mummy, owl, pumpkin, skeleton, skull, spider, vampire, witch
Do you wish you could add more words ? With the included templates, you can easily add anything you want while preserving the graphic coherence.
You can read the “how to” in this blog article (in French): .
In the unzipped archive, you will find:
- A pdf file with the labels in color
- A pdf file with the label in balck and white
- A folder with the templates (png files)
Have a look at the preview, you will see precisely what is in this resource.
Learn more about word wall words in our blog article (in French):
$$ Save Money! This resource is included in the - one for each month of the school year !
You may also like our
Just click on the Follow Me green star ✩ next to my store’s name. Every new product is 50% off for 24 hours. You don't want to miss this!
You can also follow me on , on or on !
This product is for your personal and your classroom use only.
It is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying or distributing for more than one teacher is strictly prohibited. Please read TOU included in the file.