Five Halloween-themed word work centers, perfect for Daily 5 or literacy centers.
The five centers are:
1. Halloween Stamping - Students stamp Halloween words. Optional word bank to assist them. (Any type of alphabet stamps work with this centre.)
2. Halloween Word Family Sort - Students sort picture cards by short "e" word families (ed,en,et).
3. Halloween Alphabetical Order - Students order sets of four Halloween words in ABC order.
4. Halloween Making Words - Students use the letters in "Happy Halloween" to make and write new words.
5. Trick or Treat: Spin a Word - Students match letters to create CVC or CCVC words. They must determine if they are real or nonsense words.