PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Halloween Writing Activity | Create a Character | October Writing | Halloween Activities | Halloween Creative Writing
Looking for a way to practice creative writing skills while celebrating Halloween? This Halloween creative writing resource walks students through the steps of creating their own unique Halloween Tricker or Treater character. When complete, students partner together to write a creative fictional story about the adventures their characters have on Halloween night. These resources can be used in multiple ways and last one, three, or five days in the classroom.
This Halloween Writing Activity Resource includes:
1. Resource Notes. Several pages of notes explaining what is included and how to use the materials including plans for one, three, and five days.
2. Packet Cover. Make work easy for yourself by creating packets of all materials needed before beginning. Use this sheet as a cover, if needed.
3. Creator Letter. A letter to your creators describing the work they will complete over the next few days.
4. Creating a Character - Steps One through Four. Students work independently to create their own characters. Using pieces of the illustrations included and the guided writing prompts, students create a unique character that is central to their fictional stories. Writing prompts and several options for writing sheets included.
5. Writing a Fictional Story - Steps Five through Six. Students work with a partner or small group to write a fictional story based on their characters. Writing prompts and multiple options for writing pages included.
6. Character Pieces. Students use parts of the included illustrations to create their own characters. Blank pages are also included for those students who wish to draw their own designs. Two full-page versions of 17 illustrations are included - color and black and white. Two half-page versions are included - color and black and white.
7. BONUS! Just recently added – Halloween writing pages (5 versions) and note cards (16 different cards) included! Place these in your writing center, use for thank you notes, or use however you wish!
For other holiday themed resources, please see my Holiday Category that contains:
Thanks for stopping by my store and taking a look! Please contact me with any questions you have before purchasing.
Want to receive updates and discounts on newly listed products? Click the star by my name to follow my store. Subscribing to my newsletter will give you access to exclusive free resources, advance notice of special events, as well as occasional updates to posts and products.
© 2017 Jennifer Martinez, everything just so. All rights reserved. License permits individual use in single classroom only. To share with friends, please purchase additional licenses. No part of this work may be reproduced in any way or by any means without expressed written consent of the author. Thank you for helping to protect my work!