This is a creative writing activity that can be used all year long. But, it’s really fun to plan it for Halloween in October! Included in this writing unit are:
• Prewriting graphic organizing worksheets to help develop story ideas, build character descriptions, create a problem and solution, and organize events in the story.
• Lined writing paper with monster-themed borders for first drafts and final copies in color and black and white.
• Teacher record-keeping/observation form for taking notes during the writing conferences
• Revising checklist for self-revising, peer-revising, and teacher-revising
• Editing checklist for peer-editing
Copyright © 2012 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.