PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
5.1 MB | 13 pages
Bring some Halloween fun into your class with these writing prompts. Use over two weeks at a writing center, set out for early finishers or high achievers, use as emergency sub plans, hang up as a Halloween bulletin board, or bind into a class book.
One page with just lines is included. Print on the back of any other page to add more space for writing. Encourage students to elaborate!
These prompts are best suited for beginning writers because of the amount of the size of the lines.
10 different prompts included:
- A Poem about Bats
- My favorite Halloween candy is...
- If I were invisible like a ghost, I would...
- My favorite part of Halloween is... (2 varieties)
- On Halloween, I like to... (2 varieties)
- One of my favorite Halloween traditions is...
- If I could dress up in any Halloween costume, I would dress as _______, because... (draw a picture)
- A Poem about Pumpkins
- A Poem or Story about Halloween
- I ate a magic piece of candy from my bag, it gave me the ability to...