Give your students a Spooktacular October with these fun and engaging writing prompts! There are enough prompts to give your students ton of writing opportunities and to lots of choices in their writing.
SIXTEEN different Halloween prompts with matching templates are included. Your students will LOVE these fun, creative, and cute writing tasks. You will love that these are all aligned to Common Core Writing Standard W.3! Plus, students have the opportunity to assess their own writing using the rubric that is included.
All story and writing prompts have visual images to assist with the writing process. Each prompt page has graphics that match the prompt and will give students ideas for their writing. The matching template pages give students fun pages to write their stories and other writing tasks on.
Here is what is included:
* 2 different versions of all writing prompts. One version includes directions to include literary elements like character development, setting, conflict, plot, and resolution. The second version does NOT give these specific directions to allow for differentiation, quick writing activities, and to ensure that all students can work on the writing task.
*3 different graphic organizer designs are included for pre-writing! These give your students practice with the writing process of pre-writing before drafting. You can use the different options for variety or let students pick the organizer that they like best.
* A handout about writing that includes some information about character development, setting development, conflict development, plot development, and writing techniques like word choice, imagery, and figurative language.
* A second handout that includes all of the above elements, with the addition of dialogue.
* A rubric is also included that can be applied to any of the creative stories.
• The Old House-Creative story prompt
• The Haunted House-Creative story prompt
• The Witch’s House-Creative story prompt
• The Witch-Creative story prompt
• Witch’s Night Out-Invitation prompt with 3 different template
• Witch’s Night Out- Creative story prompt
• Sweets-N-Treats-Creative story with TWO different prompt
• Double, Double Toil and Trouble-Creative story prompt
• Monsters!-Creative story prompt
• In Their Shoes-Creative Story prompt about one of 6 pairs of
• In Their Shoes-Creative Story prompt
• Always Autumn-Creative story prompt about a town where it
is always autumn
• Pumpkin Town-Creative Story prompt about living in a
pumpkin in a town full of pumpkins
• Pumpkin Town-Poem prompt
• Frankenstein, Dracula, and Witch children Halloween
Sleepover-Creative story prompt
Check out my other Halloween Products!
Scary Story Common Core Organizers and Rubrics for Standards #1-7. Great for any scary story!
Halloween Figurative Language Task Cards and Differentiated Resources
"Haunted" by Shel Silverstein CCSS Resources, Station Work, and Writing Task
Halloween Witch's Recipe Explanatory Writing
Please contact me with any questions or if you’d like anything tweaked or edited. Happy Halloween!