**HUGE UPDATE: Be sure to redownload to take advantage of all of the new additions!
Do your students struggle with creating strong, complete, and concise paragraphs? This Hamburger Paragraph Planning Packet is perfect for you and your students! This packet will help your kids plan a complete paragraph including an introduction sentence, three strong supporting/detail sentences, and a concluding sentence- all in a fun, engaging, and kid-friendly way!
Included in these 50+ pages are numerous resources to make your paragraph lessons a success. Included are:
- a full-color and black & white anchor chart to start the lesson
- mini-anchor charts in color and b&w for students' notebooks or journals
- three planning pages that use the Hamburger strategy
- a simple publishing page for the complete paragraph
- student rubric using smiley faces
- teacher rubric using 4,3,2,1 scale
- three instruction pages for you, the teacher, to explain all of the pieces and parts to this lesson
NEW: "Deluxe" Hamburger Paragraphs to include examples and encourage more detail, description, and voice in your students' work!
Use this resource over and over again for a variety of lessons in writing and the content areas!
This packet aligns to the following 3rd Grade Common Core Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1 Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
-CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1a Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
-CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1b Provide reasons that support the opinion.
-CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1d Provide a concluding statement or section.
Be sure to check out my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!