The first collection in the Hamburger Model for High School Writing
, this set of mini-lessons comes with
- An overview explanation of the Hamburger Model
- Scaffolded instructions, interactive activities and games, practice, and a short PowerPoint presentation, for students to learn how to write, improve, and use a thesis statement, as well as topic sentences for expository, explanatory, analytic or historical writing.
- A checklist for students to check their work
- Quick rubrics to assess students' performance
- Optional extensions to ensure that both pacing and instruction fit students' needs