This collection of checklists is based on the Hamburger Model for writing. The checklists help students in any high school discipline to quickly self-assess their writing. In particular, students check that they have
- Strong thesis and topic sentences
- Well-organized body paragraphs
- Thoughtfully used evidence and direct quotes to verify and support their argument
- Used each direct quote in a complete sentence with appropriate punctuation
- Engaging introduction paragraph
- Satisfying conclusion paragraph
Students also get
- A collection of many different transition words and phrases
- A quick set of guidelines to avoid plagiarism or academic dishonesty.
As a short collection printed front-to-back, students can use these 8 resources for any expository, informational or analytic writing assignment. These are also a great resource to share with parents, to ensure that writing stays high-quality.