An Introduction to Hamlet - this resource is the perfect introduction to your class study of one of Shakespeare's best works with informational texts, questions, and vocabulary activities.
The resource includes
1) two reading passages that provide a brief historical background on the playwright as well as the play. The texts total about 1000 words in length and are both illustrated;
2) a list of ten vocabulary words found in the passages (5 from each) for students to define;
3) six questions on the two passages that encourage critical thinking and measure understanding;
4) a “Vocabulary Expansion” sheet that includes 9 statements about Shakespeare life’s (some are similar in content to what appears in the passages but most are not); students use the twelve words in the word bank at the top of the page to complete the sentences (these vocabulary words do not appear in the passages); and
5) answer keys for 2, 3, and 4 above
Please note that the Vocabulary Expansion activity does not need to be used as the same time as the rest of the resource, and can actually be used with any Shakespeare study.
Please have a look at my other Shakespeare resources:
An Introduction to Julius Caesar
An Introduction to Macbeth
An Introduction to Romeo and Juliet
5 Days with William Shakespeare
Was William Shakespeare Really Shakespeare?
Romeo and Juliet Movie Critique Activity
Shakespeare Poster Templates Set of 22
The poster template set, 5 Days with William Shakespeare, and Was Shakespeare Really Shakespeare are available at a discounted price in a bundle:
If you are looking for something for younger students, this is a good informational text and student worksheet packet: