This activity goes along with a unit on the early civilizations of Mesopotamia. The activity has 5 main objectives:
1. Give students a hands-on experience acting as a historian.
2. Practice analyzing primary sources.
3. Learn about codes of law, specifically in Mesopotamia.
4. Practice writing an organized paragraph citing specific evidence from primary sources.
5. Empathetic Thinking (Historical Understanding)
If you need to teach your students how to use these charts, there is a free, 30 minute activity in my store that explains how to use the charts and allows students to practice using pennies as primary sources.