You get FOUR projects in one with this hand-built ceramics "choice" unit for middle school! Students will choose between the following projects: a "monster" pot (for growing grass hair or other plants), a functional drinking mug, a word/text box sculpture, or a figurative sculpture. Slab-built construction is emphasized along with using incised and applied design techniques.
In this bundle, you will receive:
- SMARTboard presentation (introduction to the unit)
- PowerPoint version of the SMARTboard presentation
- Planning worksheet/printable for the mug or pot project (cylinder construction)
- Planning worksheet/printable for the word/text box project
- Planning worksheet/printable for the figurative sculpture project
- Final project rubric and reflection prompts (Word Doc file)
- Final project rubric and reflection prompts (PDF file)
For further information/directions on this unit, there are links (provided in the introductory presentations) to YouTube step-by-step videos that I also produced to accompany the unit. You are welcome to use these videos along with the unit resources bundled here!