Guess how many times a day I get asked to go to the washroom? Just as many as you... The only difference is I don't listen to: "Madame, est-ce que je peux aller à la salle de toilettes, s'il-vous-plaît?" Nope, my students simply show me a T with their hands... And yours can too!
Includes 3 Hand Gesture Posters:
Print, Slice, Laminate, Post and Watch...
Advantages to using the T for Toilettes Hand Gesture:
- fewer interruptions during instructional time
- fewer interruptions while working one-on-one with a student
- fewer interruptions when working with a small group
- fewer interruptions during presentations
- the room is a tad bit quieter... which is wonderful when you have 32 students!!!
- You'll LOVE how your students silently hold up their hands in a T and all you do is make eye contact and nod your head... It's brilliant because it's silent!
Advantages to using the OUI and NON Hand Gestures:
- survey the class quickly to see who understood and who didn't
- ask a question in class: students simply answer with their hand, not their mouth
- find a helper quickly and quietly: no more "me, me, me"
- less shouting out, less interruptions
- calmer environment leads to better learning
- higher student engagement
- more physical activity in the classroom (with high hands, students are engaging their shoulder muscle which has been shown in studies to increase learning)
- OUI and NON are American Sign Language -- Yup, your students are learning French and American Sign Language when using these Hand Gestures!
- TOILETTE's T gesture is from the AIM Program: http://aimlanguagelearning.com
Colourful Hands Border by:
Kelly Leighton, visit her store:
Teach your students to use these hand gestures. Repetition is key. Insist on hands only (no voices).
These Hand Gestures have transformed my classroom. You must try them too!
Want them translated into English or Spanish (or another language)? Drop me a line... I'd love to help you out!
Follow me... This is a NEW store, just started in Dec 2014. I'll be posting MANY more items soon. Follow me to see them all!
~ Mme Evans