This fun activity promotes higher level thinking as students learn about Confucianism, Daoism, and Legalism. The reading handout is packed with key information about each philosophy and has a correlating page of questions to check for understanding. A chart is included to organize each philosopher’s viewpoints and to brainstorm how they may view our American society. Students will use this information to write a postcard from the viewpoint of their chosen philosopher. Clear instructions and 2 examples are provided.
This activity was a lot of fun for my class! Students were creative and often put a humorous twist on what the philosophers may experience in America. My students were definitely able to demonstrate their understanding of this topic through this activity.
This activity includes:
1. A reading handout describing the philosophies of Confucianism, Daoism, & Legalism
2. One page of questions to go along with the handout
3. A key for the page of questions
4. A chart to help students gather information for their postcards
5. Postcard templates
6. A lesson plan with detailed instructions for this activity
7. Two examples
Follow me and be notified when my new products are uploaded. My new products are half price the first week they are listed!
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.