activity is great practice of building complete sentences
for students learning the preterite tense. Putting together all the conjugations and vocabulary they learn into a complete sentence can be difficult for Spanish students and this product helps students by laying out a clear sentence frame
for them to follow: subject + verb + complement. Students create sentences by choosing from an array of subjects, verb stems, preterite verb endings, and complements, or sentence endings. Physically constructing sentences with the cards and making their preterite verbs match their subjects are great for tactile learners and retention! This activity works well as a station, a pairs activity, or with the student who prefers to work alone.
Up to you how many sets you make! Check out my preview for a better idea of what the product looks like!
• 24 subject cards
• 24 common regular –AR/-ER/-IR verb cards
• 12 preterite tense ending cards (all six subjects for AR and ER/IR)
• 30 sentence complement (ending) cards
• 30 blank cards
• Student response sheet
1. Pass out a set to each group. I like to paper clip the four parts individually and then put the four piles into a Ziploc bag.
2.Tell them they need to create 10 sentences using FOUR cards, and four cards only. Each sentence needs:
Subject + verb stem + verb ending + complement (ending).
2. Have students record their sentences on response sheet. May have them translate to English for extra practice or differentiation.
3. Walk around and check for accuracy. Make sure verbs match subject and have students fix if they are incorrect.
Like this activity? I also have it for the Imperfect Tense and Future Tense. Just click the links!
$$ This product is part of my money-saving PRETERITE TENSE BUNDLE which can be found HERE! Task cards, games, hands-on activity, and an easy-to-grade quiz! $$
$$ This product is also included in my discounted PRETERITE AND IMPERFECT TENSES MEGA BUNDLE which can be found HERE! Task cards, games, and more! $$
Need another engaging preterite tense activity? Click HERE to see the other fun preterite tense activities in my store like 48 Spanish Preterite Tense Task Cards (REGULAR VERBS ONLY) and ¡Cucharas! Spoons Game for Preterite Tense (Regular Verbs Only)!
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new products are posted or upcoming sales? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and new products (except bundles) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click the green star by my store name to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my product!
La Profe Plotts