Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
18.58 MB | 8 pages
Have students who are hands-on learners? Or students who crave creativity? Then this project is for you! For this project, students create a 3-D map of Odysseus' travels. This is a good activity for any student tackling The Odyssey, and can be used as an end-of-unit project or as a continuous project throughout the unit. As students are building the map, they are also writing short summaries and analyses.
When students are done building their maps, other English classes can come and vote on the best one!
This product includes:
• Clear objectives
• Step-by-step directions on how to use this product
• An assignment sheet for students
• All other necessary handouts
• A rubric
• Ballots for voting classes
• An optional final writing assignment
• PDF copy of lessons and handouts
Materials Needed for Lesson (not included):
• Copies of The Odyssey
• Found objects & art supplies (corks, fabric, newspapers, paints,
• Students will be able to identify major events/characters in The
• Students will be able to choose text support to back up claims
• Students will be able to write simple character analysis