Asking questions and seeking answers is the dialectical activity that breathes life into the facts accumulated through the grammar stage.
- Leigh Bortins
This guide is meant to help you as a tutor expand the Foundations "Hands-On Science" experiments for Journeymen (ages 8 & 9) for week 6, Cycle 2 into a 30 minute lesson.
In this lesson, you will find:
- Easy to use tutor scripts - you can just grab and go with minimal prep!
- An optional game called "Packing Guide for Venus" to introduce students to some amazing facts about the planet.
- Printable image to help explain the "Cover Up" experiment.
- Links to fun videos and resources to share with your parents to help them extend the lesson at home.
- Over 55 helpful, age-appropriate questions to help you guide the students through the Scientific Method for both experiments
- Plus, information on how to view the transit of Mercury on November 11, 2019! A printable info sheet to send home to parents is included, or watch the transit together if your community day falls on a Monday.
As a tutor and a homeschool parent, I know from experience that your time is limited. I hope this grab-and-go document will help you get the most out of science time on community day. I've done all the research and brainstorming so you don't have to!