- Product Description
If you have been giving dashed-line alphabetical-order worksheets to your children, consider upgrading your instruction to include research-based best practices. Effective handwriting instruction involves more than providing letter worksheets. A succinct scope is shared in the Teachers Guide, which is included with the CAPITALS FIRST practice book. Letters are specifically sequenced to help children use skills they already have to learn new letters.
Capital letters are made with lines and curves and are the perfect way to begin instruction so that your children learn to start letter formations at the top. Print Path letter font allows your children to learn formations on the three-lined paper they are most likely to encounter.
Included, a seven-page sample of:
• Teachers Guide with research-based best practices outlined and methods for differentiation.
• Practice pages with CAPITAL letters grouped and sequenced in developmental order.
• Structured Sheets provide phonics and reading connections.
• Gray boxes and go dots serve to help children learn correct motor memory.
• Path of movement language used to teach and help your children recall letter formations.
Sequence of handwriting instruction:
Capitals First!: Book One [PreSchool / Kindergarten]
Capitals First!: Book Two [PreSchool / Kindergarten]
Numbers Next Bundle [PreSchool]
Numbers Next Practice Book [Kindergarten]
Lowercase at Last!: Book One [Kindergarten/ First Grade]
Lowercase at Last!: Book Two [Kindergarten/ First Grade]
Winged Writers [First Grade / Second Grade]
Second Grade Scores! [Second Grade]
Raise the Roof [Second – Fourth Grade]