Handwriting Practice for Kindergarten & 1st supports Jolly Phonics SASSOON Font
Also included in
- Check out this AMAZING Phonics BUNDLE created by a Jolly Phonics Trainer and co-author of the Jolly Songs! Included: letters and sounds charts, phonics activities, games & manipulatives, handwriting practice, phoneme blending, segmentation activities, and more... that align with the Science of RPrice $38.80Original Price $48.50Save $9.70
Handwriting and Letter & Sound Recognition practice combined! Check out this printing practice resource that aligns with the Science of Reading! Included: Path of Motion Script for the 42 main sounds found in programs like Jolly Phonics, handwriting practice sheets, & letters, and sound recognition!
⭐ Let’s Print! Handwriting & Letter Sound Recognition (SASSOON Font)
Note: I provide Sassoon Font as an option because it is used in many European countries. It is a pre-cursive font.
✨ 100 pages
Kindergarten, 1st Grade, ESL, Homeschool
✅ Handwriting: Letter and Sound Recognition
· Explicit printing directions for each letter.
· 42 basic sounds to practice and print.
· Upper case letters, Lower case letters, and Digraphs are included.
· What sounds do the letters make?
· Can you recognize the sound?
· Make letters and sound connections as you practice handwriting skills.
· Can you find and draw things that use these sounds?
· Trace the sound within the lines. Trace on the dotted lines.
· Print the sound.
· Print words.
· Print sentences.
· See it. Say it. Trace it. Print It. Draw it.
Samples of explicit directions:
/a/ * This is a short letter. Start at the top. Make a caterpillar /c/ sitting on the bottom line. Slide up to the middle. Bounce back down to the bottom line.
/N/ * This is a tall letter. Start at the top. Slide down to the bottom line. Bounce back up. Slide in and down to the bottom line. Slide straight up to the top.
/u/ * This is a short letter. Start at the top. Slide down to the bottom line. Swing back up. Bounce back… straight down to the bottom line.
/z/ * This is a short letter. Start at the top. Draw a line at the top. Slide-out and down to the bottom line. Draw a line at the bottom.
What other teachers are saying:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazing resource! My students loved it. Perfect combination of a few important skills, it went great with my Jolly Phonics kit. (Kindergaten) - Ceilidh S.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I use this resource to help support my literacy block with my Grade 1 students. We focus on one letter a day and also watch videos to help support the sounds, words that begin with the letter and how to write it. Thank you for this resource. A GREAT tool for primary teachers! (1st Grade) - Ellie O.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a great compliment to my Jolly Phonics stuff. The kids loved all the activities on each page and it was great at reinforcing the letter sounds and formation. (1st, 2nd, 3rd grades - Primarily students that are emerging bilinguals/ ELs/ ESOLs/ ENLs) - Keri E.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I use this regularly in my class, and the kids enjoy it. Having different tasks is perfect for my diverse class. -Laura V.
✅ A great resource for:
· Teachers using reading programs like Jolly Phonics
· Special Education Teachers
· EFL, ESL, ELD, ELL
· Classroom Teachers
⚡️ You might like one of these Products:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward ❤️ FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Laurie Fyke @ Primarily Learning
Teach – Play – Learn
Save on more great resources! ❤️ Click here to visit my store!
Copyright © Primarily Learning
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Please Note: These products were created as supplemental resources to complement teaching synthetic phonics programs like Jolly Phonics. These products were independently created and are not officially endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with Jolly Learning Ltd.