This reading comprehension unit is based upon the story by James Marshall. It is best suited for second graders, but it could also be used with advanced first graders or third graders who need a little extra support. The variety of activities in the unit allows for differentiating without any extra prep by the teacher.
Included in this unit:
- Vocabulary Cards with Definitions
- Story Elements Graphic Organizer
- Comprehension Questions
- Text to Self Activity
- Retelling Activities ( x3)
- sequencing strips with retelling mat
- sequence grid with handwriting paper
- stick puppets for retelling
- Compound Word Activity
- Vocabulary Activity
- Cause and Effect Activity
- Story Map
Thanks so much for checking it out!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License