Using fairy tales is a great way to build reading comprehension and develop students' reader responses. This Hansel and Gretel mini-unit has a range of activities, including drama and singing, to help you cater to the different needs in your classroom and to allow your students to have fun with literacy. The unit includes the following:
1. Text comprehension questions
2. Higher order, personal connection and critical thinking questions
3. Story mapping worksheets covering setting, some adjective vocabulary, characters, problem and solution and plot, including extension questions
4. Reader's Theatre Script and full-page colored character images
5. Song lyrics which could be sung to the tune of "The flintstones", retelling the story
6. A suggested teaching plan
7. An answer key
A second version of each worksheet is included with dotted lines for those students who still need to practice their printing and proper letter formation.
Other reading comprehension units you may be interested in:
Three Little Pigs
Little Red Riding Hood
The Gingerbread Man This is a FREE sample unit
Jack and the Beanstalk
OR get all the fairy tale comprehension units in one discounted bundle. Reading Comprehension Through Fairy Tales.
If you do buy this bundle please DO NOT buy any of the individual units as they are all included.
Frog and Toad All Year
Frog and Toad Are Friends
Frog and Toad Together