Primary School students explore the story of Hansel and Gretel through guided drama activities. NO PREP REQUIRED! This curriculum aligned primary drama unit has 5 x 60 minute detailed lesson plans with extension and differentiation activities. A perfect and engaging way to explore a well loved story.
- 5 x 60 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans based on Hansel and Gretel
- Scene Starter Cards
- Additional and Extension Activities
KEY VOCABULARY: Movement. Freeze. Voice. Characters. Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. Scene. Facial Expression. Emotion. Gestures. Sound Effects. Drama Machine. Soundscape. Feelings.
UNIT AIMS: Primary School students explore the story ‘Hansel and Gretel’ through guided drama activities. Students develop drama skills: creating, responding and performing throughout various guided drama experiences.
- Visualise a world and respond to text (psycho drama)
- Relate parts of the story to personal experiences
- Put themselves in someone else’s shoes and describe a characters feelings
- Respond to directions
- Use movement, facial expression and gesture to convey meaning and show emotions
- Create soundscapes
- Collaborate with peers to create scenes and contribute ideas
- Contribute to guided drama experiences
- Develop creative ideas
- Practice rhymes from the story
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAMA RESOURCES?
DRAMA GAMES: Drama Trunk has free collections of drama games and activities available to download.
DRAMA CARDS: Never be stuck for a drama activity again with Drama Trunk Drama Cards.
DRAMA TRUNK DRAMA CARDS ARE A DRAMA TEACHER'S BEST FRIEND! Just print, laminate (optional) and cut out a set of versatile drama cards that you can use over and over again. I cannot count how many times and ways I have used drama cards – absolutely my most handy drama resource.
Use DRAMA TRUNK drama cards for tons of creative, fun, imaginative, any day activities, including:
• Drama games (including last minute activities)
• Warm ups
• Team building and cooperation activities
• Improvisation / quick thinking
• Audition / rehearsal activities
• Language activities
• Guided learning
• Listening skills
• Role Play
Combine the use of multiple cards for even more activities, challenges and ideas (you will have a HUGE amount of drama activities ready to go when needed).
******** DRAMA CARD BUNDLE ********
The following 17 DRAMA TRUNK drama card sets are available individually or as a CLASSIC BUNDLED PACK:
******** EVEN MORE DRAMA CARDS ********
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING CARDS AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY (NOT PART OF A BUNDLE) AT MY STORE:
+ MORE AVAILABLE
Stay tuned to my page DRAMA TRUNK for more fantastic drama resources (coming soon) – from drama activities and classes for little people; primary school level drama; secondary curriculum, added drama cards and more...
Please note that this product is for personal classroom or home school use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use.
© Drama Trunk. All rights reserved.