Very Busy Teachers store on Teachers Pay Teachers presents this Hanukkah Thematic Unit for use with grades 3-4-5.
Find our Hanukkah Thematic Unit for grades 1-2 here
Hanukkah Thematic Unit for Grades 1-2
Presented as a booklet in Landscape containing 26 A5 pages.
This Hanukkah Thematic unit contains the following Worksheets, Activities and Games.
* Festival of Lights Comprehension - Students are provided with an information/fact sheet on the Festival of Lights and will answer 6 compehension questions.
* The Menorah - a coloring activity introducing the Menorah.
* Hanukkah Food - an introduction to celebration foods during Hanukkah. A recipe for Latke is included and students are to describe one of their own favorite holiday foods.
* Hanukkah Wordsearch - using the words associate with Hanukkah students will complete the Wordsearch vertically, horizontally and diagonally.
* Write About It - facts are provided as to how the Jewish people stood up for what they believed in. Students will write about something they have stood up for that they believe in.
* The Hebrew Alphabet - a copy of the Hebrew alphabet is provided and students will write some of the alphabet in the worksheet provided from right to left.
* Happy Hanukkah - students will make a card using the Star of David template.
* Hanukkah Gifts - an introductoin to the type of gifts given during Hanukkah. Students will draw picture of what someone special to them would like in the two gift box illustrations provided.
* A Hanukkah Song - students will fill in the missing words provided in the song 'Oh Hanukkah"
* Find The Gifts - Students will find the missing gifts and plot them in the grid provided in this worksheet.
* Hanukkah Quiz - From their study of Hanukkah students are to complete the quiz to see how much they know about Hanukkah and its traditions.
* Hanukkah Word Problems - students will solve 5 Hanukkah word problems.
* The Driedel - A short history and introduction to the game of Driedel. This activity includes instrucions on how to play and the game of Driedel for students to play.
This Hanukkah Thematic Unit contains all relevant Answer Keys.
You can follow Very Busy Teachers by visiting:
How To For Teachers BlogVery Busy Teachers on FacebookVery Busy Teachers on Pinterest